RALI provides some textual resources to researchers in natural language processing. We would appreciate that a mention of the RALI be made when they are used for experiments.
- Aligned Bilingual French-English corpora
- Place Names in Canada
- Word Associations
- Text Generation
- SimpleNLG-EnFr is a bilingual French/English adaptation of SimpleNLG v4.2 written by Pierre-Luc Vaudry during the summer of 2011
- Normalization of SMSs
- An annotated corpus of SMSs in French, along with their normalization is available here, along with a normalization demo system.
Rali has a set of tools for the syntactic, semantic and probabilistic processing of natural language:
- English and French morphologic dictionaries and tools for using them to find all morphological variants (conjugation and declination) of a basic form; we can also find the basic form from an inflected variant;
- Probabilistic taggers which assign part of speech information to each word of a sentence;
- Named entities finder for determining proper nouns, dates, money, etc.
- Complex term extractor;
- Automatic accentuation (Réacc) which can add diacritic information into French texts in which this information was lost or never given in the first place.
- Conversion from SMSs to proper French and vice-versa: on the texto4science project page.
For more information about acquiring these resources, please contact Guy Lapalme.